Seared Five-Spice Chicken Cutlet with Wild Rice
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 2 cup (mixed) long grain & wild rice
- 4 1/2 cups Manischewitz® Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Manischewitz® Whole Wheat Matzo Meal
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 & 1/2 pounds of chicken cutlets, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups asparagus, cut in half then sliced pencil thin
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 1 cup tomato, diced and seeded
- Mix matzo meal with Chinese five-spice powder, then dust cutlets in matzo meal mixture, set cutlets aside.
- Bring broth to a boil and add the rice, simmer on low for 20 minutes. Add asparagus and peppers to the rice pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and remove from heat, keep tightly covered.
- During the last ten minutes of the rice cooking time prepare the chicken. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat; cook the chicken cutlets for 3-4 minutes each side. Divide rice/broth mixture evenly among 6 wide serving bowls; top with chicken cutlets.
- Servings per Recipe: 6
- AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Calories (kcal): 957
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Total Carbs: 147g
- Protein: 7.5g
View detailed nutrition
PRODUCTChickenBroth COURSEMain COOKTIME45