Wild Mushroom Risotto
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 42 oz Manischewitz® Chicken or Turkey Broth (3 cans)
- 1 cup dried gourmet mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- Heat one can Manischewitz® Chicken or Turkey Broth in a large stock pot; bring to a boil; add dried mushrooms and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes; strain mushrooms, reserving broth.
- Slice mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the remaining broth (2 cans) to the strained mushroom stock and heat until just under a boil.
- In a large skillet sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add rice and stir until rice is well coated and thoroughly mixed with onion and garlic mixture.
- Add half the broth mixture to the rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- Allow mixture to simmer while stirring until broth is almost absorbed.
- Continue cooking while adding broth, stirring occasionally.
- Rice is done when tender and most of the liquid is absorbed; some of the liquid should remain, giving the dish its creamy texture.
- Total cooking time is about 20-25 minutes.
- Servings per Recipe: 6
- AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Calories (kcal): 343
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbs: 68g
- Protein: 8g
View detailed nutrition
PRODUCTChicTurkBroth PRODUCTTurkeyBroth PRODUCTChickenBroth COURSEMain COOKTIME301