Onion Soup with Caramelized Leeks and Potatoes
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 leek
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 42 oz Manischewitz® Beef Broth (3 cans)
- 2 cups potatoes, 1/4" diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon dried sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- Cut leek stalk in quarters, then cut into 1/2" pieces; rinse well in running water and drain.
- In a large stock pot sauté leeks and onions in margarine until golden brown and tender.
- Add flour and sauté briefly; add Manischewitz® Beef Broth, potatoes and herbs; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Servings per Recipe: 6
- AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Calories (kcal): 168
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbs: 20g
- Protein: 4g
View detailed nutrition
PRODUCTBeefBroth COURSESoupsSalads COOKTIME30