Pot of Olive Oil Broth Poached Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 42 oz Manischewitz® Chicken Broth (3 cans)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 2 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- In a large stock pot sear chicken skin side down in olive oil; remove.
- In same pot, sauté onions, celery and garlic.
- Add Manischewitz® Chicken Broth, thyme and bay leaves; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add chicken.
- Simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and tender, skimming off any fat or froth that comes to the surface; add water if necessary to keep chicken covered.
- Remove chicken and set aside on serving platter.
- Skim off any remaining fat or froth; add artichokes, tomatoes and basil; simmer briefly.
- Serve with chicken.
Serving Suggestion: Strain 1 1/2 cups of stock and add to 1 1/2 cups of couscous for a quick side dish.
- Servings per Recipe: 6
- AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Calories (kcal): 709
- Total Fat: 47g
- Cholesterol: 226mg
- Total Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 50g
View detailed nutrition
PRODUCTChickenBroth COURSEMeal COOKTIME301