Slow Roasted Beef Short Rib & Balsamic Turnips, Toasted Barley and Onion Jam
Cooking Time: 2 hr 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups barley, toasted
- 6 beef short rib pieces, 8 oz each
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped (rinse well)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 42 oz Manischewitz® Beef Broth (3 cans)
- 1 1/2 cups turnips, peeled and wedged
- 1/2 cup cipollini or pearl onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup Bermuda onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Using a shallow roasting pan, toast barley at 350° for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper; place short ribs on top of barley.
- Scatter with leeks and carrots; brown in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add half of the Manischewitz® Beef Broth; cover and continue to cook in oven for 1 hour.
- Add remaining beef broth, turnips and cipollini onions; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove turnips from mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze; return to barley mixture.
- Blend Bermuda onions with pepper jelly.
- Serve short ribs over barley and vegetable mixture; drizzle with onion jam mixture.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Servings per Recipe: 6
- AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Calories (kcal): 1103
- Total Fat: 84g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Total Carbs: 48g
- Protein: 40g
View detailed nutrition
PRODUCTBeefBroth COURSEAppetizers COOKTIME2230